Sunday 24 May 2015

Mixed Media Flip Tags with Vanessa Priestly

I have created these mixed media flip tags with direction from Vanessa Priestly in one of the arty FB groups I belong to.

The challenge was to create 12 months of inspiration and encouragement to remind ourselves each month about how wonderful and special we are.

Due to my ill health I used what collage pieces etc that I had, no rushing to the shops to buy anything due to my medication, but this was all part of the fun.  I used manilla folders for my tags and sprayed them with inks.  Then found some serivettes/napkins and gelli prints to collage on as well as lace and other happy mail ephemera I have received.  Yes, I created more than 12 as 16 was how many the folders turned into...lol  Ribbon threaded through the top hole looks great too.


In a similiar vein I'm going to try to do ICAD 2015 - Index Card A Day 2105 - in June and July - with Daisy Lemon.  Last year I used index cards to clean my brayer whilst gelli printing and I gelli printed onto some of them and collaged so I would have some backgrounds started for this years challenge...this should be fun as I'll be using what I've got and I've never done it before.

Have a great weekend....

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, your inspirational flip tags are absolutely beautiful. I love your gelli print and inky backgrounds. I also love that your inspirational sayings are inline with mine. They are beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa, I look forward to reading them each month.

      Delete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...