Tuesday 30 December 2014

Reflections on 2014



 Highlights:

- I sold this painting after the local arts festival in the carpark for $50 and a couple of weeks later the lady sent me another $100.  She loved the painting and I was happy it went to a good home and wasn't sitting in my house.


- I threw myself into gelli plate printing and even started the Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts facebook group which has over 2100 members...






- I joined some art journaling groups and tried that...


- I joined another group where we created and swapped our art...

 - I spent hours browsing through Pinterest....

- I  joined 29 Faces in February and created 24.....

- I grabbed some old non-varnished canvases and altered them - chucked some paint on them
- I found a theme - gum leaves - and made several different paintings...

- I found I liked to doodle funky flowers - so I painted some of them on the old canvases...

- I'm taking an online class - Studying the Masters - Portraits and Self Portraits

 - I joined Cre8ive Klatch - where I have to provide a tutorial each month - this Mantra Mobile was my first tutorial.

 - I joined Klatchapalooza Market - where I had to create a minimum of 12 new artworks to sell online over the last weekend in November... and I sold this dragonfly gelli print collage.

- I hosted BlogtoberFest 2014...

- I joined in on blog hops and hosted one too...

- I got my Etsy store up and running....

Lowlights:

- Not really getting my mojo back  but I now know which direction I want to go in 2015.

- Being cyberbullied - I will blog about this in the third week of January after I have created a gelli print dedicated to this experience. But that experience helped me to create this:





4 comments:

  1. Amazing year!
    Love your Learn to Fly Again!!! :)
    Hugss and kisses for the new year....
    ConnSue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still looking through your blogposts Shells. You're having a difficult journey health-wise and it was sad to read about the bullying.
    Your art is so pretty and inspiring, plus emotion shows through in each one.
    Thank you for your lovely blog. :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm about to write about 2016 now. All the best for 2017 for you.

      Delete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...