Tuesday 2 December 2014

Picasso's Sylvette

Today I worked some more on the Studying Under The Master's - Portraits and Self Portraits online class which started at the beginning of October and I'm now at week 2....been too busy...


Week 2 we are learning about Picasso and we painted his muse Sylvette - the Girl with the Ponytail. I looked at Picasso's layers and did it a little differently to the teacher, some I got right and some such as the cheek I got wrong. I had a little trouble with the sgraffito - which is scratching into the paint so I just used paint....

Here's some evolution shots:


I do wonder how she would look with gelli print clothes and hair....maybe tomorrow...

I put some small gelli print based canvases into my Etsy store today too...  :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...