Saturday 7 June 2014

Gelli Print Collages 3

I've been playing with some of my gelli plate prints and creating some collages with them.

I loved the middle print as soon as I saw it as it looked like a mountain range with snow on it.  To give it a setting I added the blue/water print below it and the orange/sun circle above it.  I've not added anything else yet such as dots/shading/shadowing as I'm going to leave it like this for now.






Here is the original print - top right - I used a zigzag mask (made from a cereal box) on the round gelli plate:



 Here's another one I created - kept the blue at the bottom plain and untextured as textured prints seemed to busy for me.



This is the first one I created - I wanted it to be a happy piece - the hearts are a Kaiser Craft stamp - Save the Date - Pennants range - I coloured them in with Inktense water soluble pencils.



I created these in my art journal by cutting out 5 inch and 4 inch round circle gelli prints and then decorating them Kaiser Craft Save The Date - Pennant stamps and watersoluble oil pastels.  I wanted to show that a smaller gelli plate would be great for art journaling - it is a better proportion to the page as it leaves room around the edge to decorate, price wise it would be cheaper and portability - it's easy to take it with you - gelli plate printing doesn't require water but uses hand cleanser with alcohol in it and paper towels to clean the plate and brayer.  Gelli Arts brought out two new plates last week which are a smaller size - great for bookmarks, tags, cards and art journaling too - so a smaller round plate shouldn't be too far away I hope. ;)



PS  Do you love creating gelli prints?  Want a place to discuss gelli printing?  To show off your work?  Share your ideas? Discuss the pros and cons of different paints/paper/plates/tools etc?  Get some great ideas on what to do with the thousands of prints you have created?

Then I would love you to join me at the Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts Facebook Group.






1 comment:

  1. I have not visited your blog in a while. You have really taken your gelli prints to fantastic heights. I really like the ladies with collaged hats.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...