Monday 7 January 2013

Believe in 2013

I have chosen BELIEVE to be my word for 2013.


believe

[bih-leev] verb, be·lieved, be·liev·ing.
verb (used without object)
1. to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.
verb (used with object)
2. to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.); give credence to.
3. to have confidence in the assertions of (a person).
4. to have a conviction that (a person or thing) is, has been, or will be engaged in a given action or involved in a given situation: The fugitive is believed to be headed for the Mexican border.
5. to suppose or assume; understand (usually followed by a noun clause): I believe that he has left town.


I love this quote by Christian D Larson:

“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” 


In 2013 I will believe in:
~ my self
~ my worth
~ my talents, abilities and creativity.
~ my family, friends and community to support and encourage me
~ my choices and decisions
~ my hopes, dreams, plans and goals
~ love and faith 
~ the path I take and the course I choose   




I decided on believe mid-way through 2012 when I found that people did not believe in me as an artist.  Just because we believe we are artists does not mean that others think the same way I found out.  And later in the year when I spoke the truth to a friend they did not believe me.  I needed to believe in myself and not let others bully me around.

One Little Word started with Ali Edwards and here's a quote from her blog:


About One Little Word®

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.
In 2006 I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January – a word to focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, story, light, up, open and thrive. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They've been imbedded into who I am and into who I'm becoming. They've been what I've needed most (and didn't know I needed). They've helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer, to navigate challenges, and to grow.
I hope you'll consider joining me for the next One Little Word® workshop in January 2015 here at aliedwards.com.
Check out all my blog posts regarding One Little Word® here.
Click here to read a FAQ and more details about this project.


If you have chosen a word for 2013 and blogged about it then pop over to the Fly Tribe Word Hop blogpost and leave a link to your blogpost and I'll pop by in the next week and see what exciting word you have chosen.




35 comments:

  1. I love your word Believe, and hope that you find the power to believe in yourself, and the goals and dreams you want for 2013. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe is a wonderful word! I'm so proud that you're listening to your own voice instead of others. Excited to see what your word brings you this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the word you've chosen. I believe you're an artist. The one who needs to believe the most is you. This is going to be a wonderful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally believe in you as an artist! Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you Believe since we all Believe in you!! Happy 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how our words tend to "find" us! I believe in you! Great things are ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic word. And such a powerful word. All the best in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe...something we all must remember to always do. Great choice Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believe is a word full of love and faith. I am glad you are listening to your own self because you are an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Believe is a wonderful word...I think we all need to remember that. Best wishes in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your word, and I do absolutely BELIEVE in your talent as as artist! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your word is wonderful! I hope it serves you well in 2013. Thanks so much for organizing this blog hop Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an EXCELLENT word!!!!!!
    To me... BELIEVING is the main ingredient to everything we do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle! Believe is wonderful. It's tough enough to call ourselves artists for the first time, but believing it to be true is key. Good luck in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Michelle, What a beautiful way to describe your word! When we can't believe in ourselves, who will so please keep it up! I also want to say that I really love the button you made for this hop and have it proudly displayed on my blog too....thank you. Best of everything in 2013. Fondly, Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Michelle, and as you say, the believing of yourself is the most important thing, with it you don't need any other approval, your own strength carries you on your path. How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow sounds like this word has revealed itself to you very clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Michelle - Believe is a wonderful word for 2013 and it is one of the words I have in an inspiration card deck of mine all with one word per card. Beautiful the way you have expressed yourself as an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michelle - Believe is a wonderful word for 2013 and it is one of the words in my one word inspiration card deck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Believe is a most important word for without belief we really dont have anything.You have everything to believe in! I think it is special that this word found you in 2012 no less. I hope this year shines bright for you! Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful word Michelle. If you don't believe in yourself and all your potential, you'll never reach your dreams.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...