Monday 9 January 2012

Courage in 2012

COURAGE

  • To be the real and authentic me
  • To take risks with my creations/art/paintings
  • To live my dreams, follow my passions and create an artistic life
  • To be part of as many exhibitions as possible.
  • To reach out to others, include them in my life and artistic community.
  • To say 'Yes' to opportunities
  • To get my writing and artwork published.
  • To leave the secure environment of my home.
  • To travel to Melbourne, New Zealand, USA, Canada and to the moon and back.
  • To travel alone and with friends.
  • To attend a workshop in the States and to make it the most awesome life and learning experience possible.
  • To meet people whom I've never met but whom I know and hold a special place in my heart.





Today is the Fly Tribe Blog Hop and we are writing about the One Litte Word we have chosen to describe our intentions for 2012.  This idea started with Ali Edwards and she writes:
SING YOUR WORD


Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2012? It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought, or a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet.

About One Little Word®

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.
In 2006 I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January – a word to focus on, mediate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, story, light, up, open and thrive. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They've been imbedded into who I am and into who I'm becoming. They've been what I've needed most (and didn't know I needed). They've helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer, to navigate challenges, and to grow.
I hope you'll consider joining me for the next One Little Word® workshop in January 2015 here at aliedwards.com.
Check out all my blog posts regarding One Little Word® here.
Click here to read a FAQ and more details about this project.

Again, be open to the possibilities.

 If you would like to read what other people have chosen for their words then check out the Fly Tribe Word Hop page for links.

I hope that you too will have the courage to live your dreams, love and hugs,  Mxxx.

29 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! Lovely artwork and blog. xokp

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my words in 2011, I found it to be a very powerful one. I love 'courage', may you be fearless in it in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your word and the list that goes along with it. Hopefully when you come to the states it is near the NorthEast, so we can meet!! Luv your artwork, Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great word! the courage to be all I can be! happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Michelle!!! I think I could use a little of this word also!! Happy New Year Wonder Woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great word! can't wait to see were this year takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, what a wonderful and honest post about courage to step into the life you want in 2012. I feel it all waiting for you! Thanks for sharing your word and this inspiration. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courage.... love the word. Alot of times it's courage face fears that we create. Be brave. I hope when you come over for a class I will be there and finally get the chance to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful word with a great list to go with it, Michelle! I hope you find your courage within to do and be all those things. Wishing you many happy blessings, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle.....I love your word. I love your goals. I love your dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list Michelle. And great word. I think sometimes we could all use a little more courage in our daily lives. Good for you for embracing this strong word.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post, not only did you identify your word, but how you would put it to use. I think half the battle is having the clarity on what you want to do. You certainly know what you want to do. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your post! Who couldn't use a little more courage? If you come to the USA, I would be thrilled to meet you! I've only been blogging since September, but a few weeks ago I had the chance to meet a blogger I follow and it was so much fun. I live in Maryland and if your USA trip brings you this way, our house is yours! Hope all your artsy dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Word, and a great list of all you want to accomplish. I hope all of it happens for you and more!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful word! We all could use a bit of courage!! (Lions and Tigers and Bears - OH MY!!) LOL. Have a wonderfully creative 2012!! happy Flying!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post and I love your list. I do hope to see you in person in 2012. Happy 2012! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your post ..... Achievement is the word that comes to mind for me. Achievement in all areas of my life. Just to keep on moving forward and achieve my goals. I love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful post, Michelle! I hope you accomplish your list and more. Wishing you a happy and courageous 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's amazing how this group has so much in common bc I want to be couragous about all those things too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great word, Michelle! All the best for you, and lots of shows and traveling in 2012...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great posting, Michelle! I hope you can travel and come to the States. That would be wonderful. My son just called me from Los Angeles as they're waiting for their connecting flight to get back home to Michigan. They just spent 3 weeks in Australia for little Corbin to meet his other grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Courage is a great word and may it lead you to realize your hopes and dreams. Wonderful post and beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I enjoyed reading your list and hope that I am blessed to be on whom you meet in 2012! And remember - Deuteronomy 31:6

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree with everything on this post, well maybe not to the moon.....but what a great declaration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks everyone, I appreciate you reading and taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it, Michelle! I'm so looking forward to seeing you put your word into action in this new year!

    xoxo L

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post Shell :) Love your word "COURAGE" That's a GREAT one!! Love your goals too. look forward to following your journey.:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your word! We all need to allow ourselves more courage in all that we do.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...