Sunday 27 November 2011

Sunday's Six Thoughts

1.  I've been working on a new butterfly girl - my brother asked for one with purple colours - for my niece - she likes to play piano and sing.


2.  Here's a pic of my studio aka my kitchen...


3.  I've also been working on a painting for one of my Nanga 8 mates (Flora Bowley Painting Workshop friends) - hope she like it!!  :D


4. Didn't feel too well yesterday but I did manage to make hubby an apple pie - he was not in a good mood - I didn't have any - trying to go dairy free for a few months and trying to lose weight too.  My great aunt used to make the world's best apple pie.  Her and Unc used to come round for dinner and we would have roast chicken and apple pie for dessert - best dinner ever whe I was a little girl.  I regret not getting her apple pie recipe.



5.  I received this beautiful painting of my dog Tessa from my friend Lin in Michigan, USA, during the week - I love it - she did a great job.


6.   I bought a new camera during the week and am still getting used to it - that's why the flash is showing on the painting - I have to turn off the flash everytime I use the camera.

Hope everyone had a great weekend esp my American friends who had an extra long Thanksgiving weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Been missing you, Michelle...am I keeping a low profile, or are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! I love your artwork. Let me know how you like the surface design class. I was tempted to take it but I have about three other classes going right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a view of your "studio." And I love the beginnings of the butterfly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm LOVING your new butterfly girl--she's amazing already! Your niece will love it:) Beautiful painting of Tessa -- what a sweet gift.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm LOVING your new butterfly girl--she's beautiful and your niece will be soooo lucky to have it! The painting of Tessa is amazing as well--what a special gift.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Love all three paintings …. what a faithful portrait of your Tessa!

    And I’m amazed to see your studio! … my kitchen could never be my studio … whatever space I take over I TAKE OVER. ….

    So there be paper everywhere ...or beads, I have to get started making jewelry again … just for the holidays. I have soooo many pretty ones!

    Your niece is one lucky young lady! ~Cheers ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your studio/kitchen. It's so real, so alive. And you've been keeping busy, I see. A good thing! You have a lot to share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just popped by to see what you are up to! I like the look of your surface pattern design..may have to check that course out.I am also enjoying the progress of your houses.Love watching the process. Making Sunday night dinner...off to stuff the chicken. Cheers, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the butterfly ..... love the colours. Gorgeous painting of your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you create in your kitchen - I create often on my bed (small apartment). I'm not sure about you but I am not crazy with the packing and unpacking part of what I am creating. I love the beginnings of your new butterfly girl. So glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...